Details and Sizing Instructions for the Rio Martingale Collars
These beautifully crafted leather martingale collars combine the true functionality of a martingale collar, with the design and comfort that Angel products are known for. Perfect for training, anti-pulling, or just as an everyday collar, the Rio offers a more humane alternative to choke and prong collars. Made of 100% genuine Argentinean harness leather and soft cowhide padded leather on the bottom. Available for small to XL breeds. Sizes range from 10" to 24", in four stunning shades.
*The brown Elite Dallas Leash is a perfect match to the Brown Rio Collar
*The Rio Martingale collars are sized differently than all of our buckle collars.
To properly measure your dog for a Rio Martingale collar, please read and follow these steps:
* The "Fully Tightened" measurements in the chart below refers to the length of the leather straps touching (not including the rings)
* The "Fully Extended" measurements in the chart below refer to the maximum circumference when the collar and chain are completely opened.
* The 2 steel rings on either end of the collar add an additional 1"-2" to the overall length of the collar (depending on the size of the collar as the rings vary in size accordingly). For example, a 14" Rio collar refers to the length of the leather strap, not including the rings.
Measure the middle of your dog's neck, or slightly higher up on the neck, depending on how you intend to use the collar.
* If you want the collar to pinch when the dog pulls, choose between 1.5 -2 sizes smaller than your dog's actual neck size.
For example, if your dog's neck measure 16.5", and you want to use the collar to pinch the neck when the dog is pulling, your perfect size would be a 14" Rio Martingal collar.
* If you do not want the collar to pinch when the dog pulls and simply want the collar to close comfortably snug around the neck, choose 1 size down from the actual neck size.
For example, if your dog's neck measures 18", choose the 16" Rio collar. The 2 rings on either end will give you an additional 1.5"- 2" length.
Note: Because each dog is unique, the above information is meant to give you direction on which size to choose. For additional assistance, please contact us.